Having a Membership at The Arc of Opportunity has many benefits in addition to supporting the organization and its mission.
Membership entitles you to the following benefits at the local level
Reduced fees for The Arc of Opportunity recreational activities.Opportunities to contribute time and talent through volunteering.The Crusader, the monthly E-Newsletter.Automatic membership to The Arc of Massachusetts and The Arc of the United States.
Membership entitles you to the following benefits at the national level
Participation in the affairs of the local, state, and national chapters of The Arc.Representation in local, state, and national policy forums.Insurance programs designed to enhance membership in The Arc for which members or their offspring may qualify:
- Major medical health insurance
- Life insurance
- In-hospital dollars
- Medicare supplement
The Arc Today, the national newspaper with up-to-date information on the organization and intellectual and developmental disabilities.The Arc's Credit Card Program — a national credit card with no annual fee, travel insurance, and other benefits.
Your support through membership enables The Arc to
- Offer guidance to those who need help and those who want to help.
- Monitor national progress made in the area of inclusion, such as education, employment, community living, and recreation.
- Make the public aware of the needs, rights, and abilities of individuals with disabilities.
- Encourage progressive legislation.
- Develop and promote effective programs and services.
- Promote and apply research to enhance independence.
- Educate the public on precautions that can be taken to prevent intellectual and developmental disabilities, including fetal alcohol syndrome and alcohol-related birth defects.
Arc of Massachusetts:
The Arc — National Headquarters